The Eau Claire Kids Triathlon is held in memory of Thomas Stien.
The Eau Claire Kids Triathlon will be held at Halfmoon Park in Eau Claire, WI on Saturday, June 7th at 3:30 PM.
- 7-10 year olds: 50 yard swim, 3 mi bike, 1/2 mi run
- 11-14 year olds: 100 yard swim, 5 mi bike, 1 mi run
Participating as a team is great way to race! All teams will consist of 2-3 athletes, with each athlete completing one (or two) portions of the race. Teams of 2 will compete against of teams of 3. There will be a boys, girls, and coed divisions in each age group.
Teams with mixed age groups (ie some members between 7-10 years, some between 11-14 years), will have their ages averaged to determine appropriate course designation. Mixed age teams with specific requests should contact email@example.com.
Will be an out and back starting and finishing from the beach at Halfmoon Park. Participants will start in waves with the youngest participants beginning first. Wetsuits or life vests will be allowed.
Bike course is an out and back loop through Carson Park. 7-10 year olds will complete one loop in Carson Park, 11-14 year olds complete two loops in Carson Park.
Participants will then exit onto Whipple street and run along Halfmoon Lake to begin their run. For an out and back run along Whipple st. (older atheletes will go onto Fulton turning before crossing 6th ave). Athletes will finish at Halfmoon Park.
*The final Kid's Triathlon course is pending approval from the City of Eau Claire.
Saturday June 7, 2014
- 1:30 - 3:00 PM
- Packet Pickup at Halfmoon Park for Kids Triathlon
- Race Day Registration for Kids Triathlon
- 3:30 PM Kids Triathlon Begins (Awards and Ice Cream Social to follow ~5 PM)
- 3:30 Start for ages 7-10
- 4:15 Start for ages 11-14
- Top boys, girls, and co-ed team in each age group will receive an award.
- All youth participants will receive t-shirt, goody bag, and a finisher's award.
- $15 Individual Before Race Day
- $20 Individual with Race Day Registration.
- $30 Team Before Race Day
- $35 Team with Race Day Registration *Guaranteed t-shirt sizes to those that register before May 15.
Kids events are very safe. They are never in water over their waist and numerous volunteers will be present along course and at crossings.
- Helmets are mandatory. Swim caps are optional. Children will be allowed to wear life jackets if needed.
- We ask kindly that parents stay out of the transition area while kids triathlon is in progress, unless by request. Younger children may be allowed to have one parent in the transition are for assistance with gear.
- Only Kids Triathlon equipment is allowed in the transition area such as bikes, shoes, clothing, helmets, water bottles, etc.
- For safety reasons, please stay out of and do not take equipment out of the transition area until the Kids Triathlon is over.
- Awards will immediately follow completion of the race.
- Transition will close 10 minutes prior to the start of the event, at 3:20.
Volunteers are needed throughout the event. All volunteers will receive a volunteer t-shirt, free food and drinks at the post race party (Sunday June 8th), and $15 off towards a race entry in 2015. To volunteer sign up online at: http://www.eauclairetriathlon.com/volunteer or for more information, please contact our volunteer coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.